Subject Information Gateways provide links to online searchable and browseable catalogues of web-based resources including websites, documents, data, multimedia files and other resources which focus on a set of academic subject areas. Subject Information Gateways employ subject experts and information professionals to select, classify and catalogue relevant Internet resources to aid scholars perform online search, identification and retrieval of high quality academic/research materials. Generally, each Internet resource is described with a brief annotation and grouped under the appropriate category. Subject Information Gateways may also provide access to e-Journals (either free or through registration), links to related sites, discussion groups, mailing lists, and may even allow users to post their materials for online public access.
- Humanities and Social Sciences Online
- Intute: Arts and Humanities
- Intute: Social Sciences
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
Multi-Subject Information Gateways
- Academic Info: All Subjects
- DMOZ: All Subjects
- INFOMINE: All Subjects
- Intute: All Subjects
- Scout Report Archives: All Subjects
- VirtualLibrary: All Subjects
- EdWeb: Educational Reform and Information Technology
- GEM: Educational Resources
- History: Historical Research
- InfoLaw: Law
- Math Forum: Mathematics
- MathGuide: Mathematics
- MCS: Media and Communication Studies
- PADI: Preserving Access to Digital Information
- PsychWeb: Psychology
- SciCentral: Science and Technology
- Voice of the Shuttle: Humanities
Business Social Networks for Professionals
Business social networks can provide the cornerstone to recruiting efforts for a company and can be a great asset to the hungry professional hoping to leverage their business contacts in order to improve their job. Focused on business, these social networks provides the tools needed to reach out and make business connections, find new jobs, or find specialized job seekers.
- social network lists
- social networks
- Fast Pitch
- Social Network Lists
Social Networking Articles
- What is Social Networking?
- How to Get Started With Social Networking
- How to Create Your Own Social Network on Ning
Elsewhere on Web Trends
- Free Online Software For The Office
- Getting Started With Web Trends
- Brief History of the Internet
- ACM Computing Surveys
- Business journals, magazines, and newspapers
Business Journals, Magazines & Newspapers
- Advertising Age — A magazine devoted to analysis and data on marketing and media
- Adweek — Website and magazine covering media news
- Business Week — International business news.
- Consumer Reports — Product reviews and ratings on cars, appliances, electronics and more.
- Economic Indicators — Produced by U.S. Economics and Statistics Administration.
- Harvard Business Review — Business management case studies, articles, books,etc.
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance — Personal finance advice, business forecasting, and more
- Note: – The accuracy of the information posted on the above websites must be authenticated by contacting the respective organizations/government departments through phone or e-Mail.